(1) A separate software maintenance contract must be concluded for each licensee.
(2) The duration of the software maintenance agreed between the parties is determined by individual contract. The right of Visioneer GmbH to terminate for important reasons remains unaffected. Such an important reason exists, if the customer violates the agreed rights of use or intellectual property rights of the rightholder or does not fulfil his payment obligations despite a reminder.
(3) During the term of the software maintenance contract, Visioneer GmbH provides the contractual partner for the respective named licensee with services for maintenance, maintenance of compatibility with regard to the server and client operating systems as well as required tools such as PDF writers, MS Office etc.
(4) Changes in the basic program structure and functions that are developed in addition to the licensed software (e.g. new additional modules, new systems or system parts) are not included in the software maintenance. Such changes are identified by changes to the product name or new or changed module names.
(5) Visioneer GmbH provides software maintenance exclusively for the standard functionality of the software supplied.
(6) The software maintenance includes the versions approved by Visioneer GmbH.
(7) Visioneer GmbH is entitled to change the system requirements within reasonable limits during the term of the contract.
(8) The provision of new main versions or sub-versions is generally carried out via the password-protected download area of Visioneer GmbH. Upon request, Visioneer GmbH will send the contract partner the changes against reimbursement of shipping costs and processing fee on data carriers.
(9) Maintenance includes changes due to mandatory legal regulations and comparable events within the framework of the software maintenance contract.
(10) Visioneer GmbH accepts error messages as part of maintenance and eliminates them in the form of minor versions as service packs, by providing workarounds or information on troubleshooting.
(11) Visioneer GmbH delivers functional and / or technical extensions of the software as updates within the framework of the software maintenance contract. Discontinued versions are no longer maintained.
(12) Additional licenses purchased are automatically included in the software maintenance contract at the applicable conditions and are calculated from the first of the following month of the order.
(13) With the end of support for the purchased version of the software, the right to updates and bug fixes ends unless the customer raises the issue of a software version supported at that time. If there is no valid software maintenance contract at that time, the new software version must be purchased again for a fee. The manufacturer's price list valid at that time shall apply unless other agreements are made.
(14) If the software maintenance contract/maintenance contract related to the license agreement is terminated, the right to update (updates) and bug fixes (patches and bug fixes) expires in accordance with the Software Maintenance Terms and Conditions.